Wednesday, March 10, 2010

updates


Here's our backyard after the second snow day. This one was even better- it was so unexpected! The last "blizzard" had so much warning and hype. This one just snuck up on us and it was beautiful!

Its funny thinking about this now, since we've been having super springy lovely weather and all the snow is long gone. It even smells warmer now. As usual with the changing of seasons everyone is getting sick. I got sick. I got the dreaded flu. Its been almost 2 years since I've had it and boy was it bad. No fun at all. I know I'm getting sick when I get that sore throat and I pre-made some soup since I knew I was going to be needing it. It was all I ate, along with fruit and weird omelettes for the next few days.
The weekend after I was sick we went on a spur of the moment trip to DC. I got a tour of the white house! It was so, so cool. I never, ever thought I'd be inside the west wing, seeing the oval office and everything. We actually had to wait to see the oval office since Obama was IN THERE! We waited in the press room until he was finished. Working on a Saturday, thats what I call committed! The whole place was a lot smaller and older than I'd imagined, the ceilings were so low. We spent the rest of the time eating really good food and booking too many bus tickets in some kind of mix up mayhem.


(Here's a photo! In the press room with a grumpy tired looking boy. )

Work has been slowing down which is nice, but means less money. Luckily I did my tax return and I am dreaming up all the goodies I will get with the money- new bike, a hand mixer, ramekins, many other cooking utensils.




This photo is awesome. Annie hates cameras, so while she came and sat real close next to me, I decided to take a photo with my computer. She was fascinated by the beeping sound of the timer and so she lunged at the computer a few times, barking. Then she lunged, pressed the take button and proceeded to take this photo of herself! I love it. She looks very confused. Maybe it can be her facebook profile photo.

Miss you guys as usual.

Lots of love
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

previous..