Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Balls

I just rode my bike to return a dvd. Phew! Exhilarating exercise, I forgot how it feels!

Speaking of being fit...

So Marcus and I made a rum cake a couple weeks ago and since we had rum I decided to make rum balls from www.eatpress.com... I was very excited to make the 'ganache' and it was looking oh so good and scrumptious and Marcus was helping me by measuring out ingredients. We decided to add 'just a little more rum' and I splooshed it all into the mix and became confused when it started to resemble chocolate soup. I had been halving the recipe and Marcus forgot and put twice the amount of rum in, plus some.... Boo!

I was a bit sad (Marcus was mortified poor thing) and then decided to chin up and try to make it work. I whipped it for a while which resulted in an amazing chocolate mousse and then I left it in the fridge for a few days. I decided it would make the perfect chocolate pie and I made a pie crust from scratch and gooped the mixture in and put some raspberries on top. Yummmm. Alas, the consistency is still somewhat soup-like and while I managed to cut a 'slice' last night the rest of the pie drizzled on down to where the pie piece had vacated a spot and filled it with more chocolatey mousse/soup. It is yummy, and rummy, but more the consistency of nutella which is weird to eat in large doses (although not always.) My next idea for the chocolate stuff is a trifle with layers of cream and cookies....

That or next weekend I will just try to make the good old normal ones again.

ps my fav thing was wens' play on 'rum balls in the jungle' ahahahahah

No comments:

Post a Comment

previous..