Friday, January 1, 2010

Ten

Happy New Year!

I feel really good about this one. This year I'm not making any resolutions, I find them disappointing and if I don't do them I don't want to feel guilty. Instead I'm just down for an awesome year.

It started out right: Pimm's cups, champagne, dancing around the living room with Mum and sisters and then yelling as loud as we could at midnight.

Yesterday we went on an epic hike to find an old swimming spot. My memory was hazy about how to find it so it took us a while to figure out how to get down from the huge hill into the beautiful gorge filled with water. We went down the cross-country way, slipping and sliding through branches but it was so worth it. It was like our own private lagoon- the mountains surrounded us on all sides and we could hear our voices echoing. The water was cold but so refreshing after our hike and we ate some lunch and dived right in. Bliss. Happy new year indeed.


Here's to the next decade and all it has to offer. Chin Chin!


And now here's a pic of our now dying Christmas tree. I love how old and miss matched all our decorations are.


No comments:

Post a Comment

previous..