Friday, October 30, 2009

So I turned 27. Its an awkward number for me. 28 has such a nice feel to me and I'm almost there (not that I'm rushing it). Maybe its because my birthday is on the 28th. Or because 8 is my favorite number. Its like a fat, satisfied, jolly old man. When I was 8 I said to myself "This is the happiest you will ever be". I had a moment where I realized I was a kid, and I could do whatever I wanted and I knew grown ups have less fun.

The first present I got was someone reaching into my bag on the train and taking my wallet on the way home the night before. I was sure it couldn't have happened because I had JUST been thinking about it that night. Such a bummer. Penniless, card-less, wallet-less.

But things got better. I got some great books from Marcus, and some great raw food and ingredients from my boss. She knew I had just bought a blender and now I am treating myself with amazing raw and healthy smoothies.

I went out with friends to dinner and then to see an accordion orchestra. They were called "Main Squeeze" and there was 16 girls I think. They were all dressed up in their Halloween costumes. Some of them sang and my favorite part was when a special guest guy came up and sang Bohemian Rhapsody with full accordion accompaniment. We made our way home to greenpoint and had pear and cranberry pie for dessert and everyone sang me happy birthday.

Lovely. I missed everyone at home a lot, but there are plenty more birthdays to spend with everyone else I love.

1 comment:

previous..