Saturday, October 24, 2009

A-List

Last night I went to a party in Park slope. I got a bit lost on the way and in order to give me directions my friend said "you know, its park slope, just go down the slope". Funnily enough he was right, I went down the slope and found a street full of huge, amazing brownstones. The girl who lived in one of these amazing brownstones (3 stories!) did Obama's online campaign. There were a lot of other swanky people there too (I overheard words thrown about like UN and Non-profit) and I danced a bit with the lead singer of Youthgroup. I met a guy who is a video journalist for SBS. Tres cool. There were so many Aussies, it made me feel comfortable straight away. I spent most of the night talking to a lady who owns a not for profit free tibet company.

When I first got there my friend said "See that guy over there, in the checkered shirt, he's designing the new website for the white house." He looked like he was about 14 years old.

It took me ages to get home on the horrid g train and once I fell asleep I dreamed that I was still at the party, sleeping on the floor. It was confusing and uncomfortable.

So I hope to make it to more swanky parties, flowing with wine and salmon and risotto. Next time I'll update my playlist (I dj'd for a bit but no one danced :( and dance up a storm!

Laundry in the rain today. Woot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

previous..