Monday, March 2, 2009

snowglobe

It's always exciting when the weather report gets it right. Yesterday got colder again (after another brief, tempting, teasing almost warm day) with rumors of a big snow storm that would hit at night. I went to bed and woke up in the morning to snow piled on my fire escape, on the rope that constitutes my washing line, all over the trees and roofs, even piled up on the window sill. It makes the night feel longer, that so much is possible while I'm sleeping. ( I just overheard that schools were closed?! 12 inches apparently. Cool)

I am still awaiting a job. Still applying for anything that looks remotely possible. Still waiting to be paid by stan the man. Waiting to hear from aimee about my so-called job.

My time has not been wasted though. The fashion show went ok... it was a good experience in hindsight but a little bit traumatic at the time. And as I said, still waiting to be fully paid (fully sick).


Unfortunately some of the garments were still pinned, ill-fitting, too small or just plain ugly. I knew it was going to be a stressful night of getting everything done so I put on my "organizer/yeller" hat and started yelling at anyone and everyone. Later I apologized to stan but he said it wouldn't have gotten done without me. The best part of the night was laughing with the girls, and getting in to the famoso pink elephant because we were "with" stan. I'm sure we would never have been let in otherwise since it's expensive and has a strict dress code. When I looked up the club later I saw it was always featured in hot spots for stars- like 'Jessica Simpson was spotted drowning her sorrows at The Pink Elephant in NY last night'. No, she was not there when we were alas. If any stars were, I was too occupied by the free vodka and dance floor.

One great thing that came out of the show was meeting the lovely Gabby (pictured middle) who I started an Etsy shop with-- it's called Estudio169. We have yet to post any items. But I am still making my way up to spanish harlem to sew on her old sewing machine and eat mexican food in her gorgeous little apartment.

Marcus's parents were here over the weekend. We were thinking of activities for them to do before they came... until we realized the only activity we needed to plan was where to eat. We ate out for every meal, some really good places. Most of our faves. It was funny to see his mums reaction to Brooklyn- I think she thought we lived in the ghetto. She kept letting out satisfied oohs and saying "Oh, I'm so glad it's nice and safe here".

And now it's covered in snow.

And we got a tv. Which resulted in an epic mariokart match. Which in turn resulted in some of the worst cases of losers rage ever recorded in modern times. The combination of the brattyness of the both of us and our unwillingness to lose is baffling. Huge. Almost took all the fun out of it. But not quite. Princess Peach still holds a special place in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. ahhh princess peach. it's yoshi that has my heart - enjoy! and play fair, there are no losers in marioworld.

    ReplyDelete

previous..