Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'm sitting in an amazing rooftop apartment in Greenpoint. Marcus is making his thesis film this weekend and we are filming at a friends apartment. His place is great- it has huge windows and stairs to the roof. But the best bit is, the apartment across from him is empty and kinda unfinished so we have been squatting here for the last 2 days. It is even bigger, with huge huge vaulted windows that look out onto the balcony. I keep squinting my eyes as I look around and imagining I live here and what I'd put where and how it would feel to wake up in the morning and eat breakfast in this sunlight. This never-can-have dream inspired me to look online for apartments... which then led me to be sucked in by a SCAM!! It was a too good to be true apartment that was really cheap... the only catch was that you had to send in a credit report, thus allowing them access to your social security number, thus affording them great ease in STEALING IDENTITIES. Scam. I felt so ripped off. And I gave up the hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

previous..