Saturday, April 11, 2009

sew glamorous

I had another adventure. This one involved:

Disney
Sewing
Chinese dragons
and a dog named Monty.

I worked with a props designer to make two Chinese dragons for the new movie 'The Sorcerer's Apprentice' that should be coming out next year I think? Unfortunately since I worked on the weekend I missed meeting Nicholas Cage, or anyone famous for that matter. I just sewed a lot. Paul had done an AMAZING job at these dragons, they were so so beautiful, with so much work in them. The reason we were making two was so that they could BURN one. So trag. But he wasn't fussed. I hope he got them done in time. I lost my weekend for some extra cash. The Sunday was the most painful as it was hot, warm, lovely and I was stuck inside with air conditioning and Monty the jack russell. The best bit was riding my bike home past the water at sunset. I discovered an awesome view of Manhattan- a bunch of hipsters were viewing it and hopefully getting the same warm, positive feelings towards being in new york that I was having. It's been a while, but sometimes you have moments that make it all worth while. Especially when combined with warm wind blowing in your hair.

I took Liam on the roof to introduce him to the view too. He is half of our new roommate combo. His girlfriend is back in Scotland for a bit for her visa stuff. I can't wait to have another girl here.. although I am a bit wary as she seems to be a style GURU and I am already experiencing anxiety at how much I wish I had her clothes/shoes.

I sewed on my 'sew mini' janome today. It was very polite. It does not have a light though... but its stitching was very pretty. I made a case for my ipod out of a single mitten.

xx

1 comment:

previous..