Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My Third Thanksgiving

It seems like forever ago that I was at the big house in Jersey, celebrating my first ever Thanksgiving and wowing at all the new kinds of food I'd never tried before (candied yams? Wa? Why so sweeet?)

I really like the holiday, it has a lovely family vibe to it. We flew over to Champaign Illinois on the morning of Thanksgiving so we were a bit tired and I had one of those weird car sleeps. I made some cookies as a contribution since I felt bad that everyone was cooking all day while we were traveling.

It was a scumptious feast as usual. Lots of good, sleepy making food.

We played games all night and had a lovely weekend of relaxing, sleeping, reading and drinking good wine.





Marcus's dashing grandpa is wearing the visor. Walter is one of my favorite things about Champaign. I'm not often around old people and he just has a lot of personality and a great sense of humor. He likes to say to me "Just as beautiful as the last time I didn't see you" since he's pretty much blind. Charmer!


It was hard going back to work but I can't really complain. I leave for Australia pretty soon so then I will be chillaxing to the max- swimming and eating fruit for weeks! Work is insanely busy in preparation for me being gone for so long.

Well, this is getting bla so I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

previous..