Tuesday, November 24, 2009



The weather has been good to me. November knows I want to complain, but I haven't been able to yet, its been pretty nice. Each time I think 'here it goes, freezing', I step outside and realize its not so bad.

Tonight I had to return a dvd (we're so bad at this. netflix has spoiled us) and I borrowed Marcus's shuffle to walk the 15 minutes or so to the (best in the whole world) video store. I felt a bit voyeuristic listening to someone else's music but it was very enjoyable. I took my time on the way home and peered into as many windows as I could. For as long as can I remember I have been fascinated by peering into other people's houses. Even if its just a glimpse of a kitchen or the light of a tv through the curtains, my mind goes wild imagining the people who live there and the lives they live.

I saw "New York, I love You" last week with my Aussie friend. It was good for me, to see places I know in such a romantic light. To top it off I caught a cab home. This is always the best way to make me love New York again- looking at the lights of Manhattan like its the first time.

I'm looking forward to my third Thanksgiving in this pilgrim country. Hopefully no one will ask me if we celebrate it in Australia this year.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

previous..