Saturday, September 15, 2007

big city, small times

i drank too much coffee at the brownstone. i'd already had dinner but i love that place so much i jumped at the invite from wes. so i had second dinner- a belgian waffle and two cups of coffee. before i was deathly tired (falling asleep on the train even though i got HEAPS of sleep last night?) and now i'm just wired and tired.
one of the waiters, who's name i cant pronounce, asked where 'my friend' was (meaning you mic) and i said he's moved to china. so he asked for my number and i laughed it off as a joke. later he gave me his card and blushed like crazy and i was so embarassed i didnt even tell him my name. i love that place but now i dont want to go again and get stalked. luckily wes later refered to mic as my fiance. maybe he got the idea.
i am still lamenting the loss of my bag and my lovely eel skin wallet. and now i have no time keeping device without a phone.

i had my firs 'oh my god i'm in new york' moment today (gosh that sounds wanky and slightly too american..? eek)- i was walking across fifth avenue with some vegetables that i bought at the union square farmers markets and i looked up the busy street with the afternoon sunlight through my raybans. hm. perfect.

i would love a job. and some nice friends too please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

previous..