Tuesday, September 1, 2009

floyd

I'm sitting at the dining room table, listening to pink floyd and waiting for my sweet potato to roast.

Last night we got a couch, and a rug and made this house a home! I restrained myself very admirably at Ikea. I found myself clutching at useless things, convinced that I needed them. Hot plates! More indoor plants! A huge wok! Ok, well some of them I do need (want?) but they will just have to wait. Luckily I had a companion who was ruthless and denied me any frivolous buys. I love Ikea. When we tried to leave we discovered the real size of MM's car. So small. After much tugging and huffing (almost fighting) we decided I didn't need a seat and could perch on the back seat folded down and kind of laze onto the futon mattress while the frame took up the whole car (including my seat). Anyway, well worth it! Not the comfiest of couches, but cheap and black which won't show dirt ha.

I miss my fam.

Today I saw two ladies reading bibles on the train. The last time I saw someone reading a bible I saw two in the same day too. I'm not religious enough to know if they are reading them on certain holy days, or just for fun.

The advent of fall is making me a bit panicky. As much as I want to wear great fall clothes, I dread the winter like its the end of the world.

Today we named the Spring/Summer 10 garments after characters from Rogers and Hammerstein movies. I had flashbacks to all my old favorites, Oklahoma, Carousel, State Fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

previous..